Relocation can be stressful but long distance movers can make the process go much more smoothly. They have the experience and expertise to get the job done. Even moving from one house to another in the same town can be stressful. Relocating over a great distance can be trying but it can also be a memorable adventure. Proper planning helps it become an exciting adventure or even fun. Here are some steps to take if a long distance move is in your future:
- Pare down and weed out nonessentials: Relocating is a great time to weed out nonessential belongings. Are there items that have been occupying your closet or garage space for far too long? Don't pack up junk you haven't used in over a year. Hold a garage sale; sell items on Craigslist or eBay; donate goods to charities or just throw them away. Cleaning out is always a good exercise in reclaiming space.
- Get referrals: It's always a wise idea to get word-of-mouth referrals when hiring service personnel. Ask your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors if they have had experiences with a good long distance moving company. After gathering some names of possibilities, make a few phone calls to further screen them.
- Estimates: Once two or three companies have been selected as possible relocation experts, have them come to your home to survey your household belongings Best Long Distance Movers. They should be able to give you a written estimate for their services. Make sure you get it all in writing. What will this price include? Will they pack the items or will you? Will they provide packing materials or will that cost extra? Have it all spelled out so that you're comparing apples to apples.
- Check references and insurance: Make certain that the businesses you are considering are licensed, bonded, insured and have good reputations in the community. The Better Business Bureau should have records regarding their character and business practices, as well. It wouldn't hurt to search the companies on the internet to see if their reputations are golden. Let's face it; whatever company you select will be taking all of your worldly goods on a long ride. You want your furnishings and treasured items to be safe and sound.
- Transferring school records to new locale: Once you've found your movers, time to notify the children's school district that your family will be leaving town. The current school will send all records to the next district so that the kids can make a seamless entry into a new program.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.